Spring Term 2018
BEECH AND BIRCH CLASS
Scroll down to the bottom of the page for tools and worksheets to help with learning at home.
We hope you have had an excellent break and are ready for an exciting spring term! Our topic for this term will be Would you like to live in a castle? We will be exploring who lives in Castles, what a Knight is and what armour is made out of. Before half term we will be visiting the Tower of London!
Click here for 2017-18 Curriculum information for Year 1 Classes.
Please do continue to read with your child daily. It makes such a positive impact on their writing and vocabulary. Please sign the reading diaries once you have read with your child. When they have read 15, 30 and 60 times, it will be announced at assemblies and prizes given. This is a very proud moment for the children and we would appreciate your support to help them achieve this. Also please ensure your child brings in their book and book bag every day.
• Homework - Homework will be assigned every Friday, children must hand it in by Wednesday of the following week. This term we have a great focus on the children being more independent-please remind them to hand in their homework. We will be continuing with our spell checks each week too.
• Attendance and punctuality - Punctuality and attendance is a really important area that we wish to improve. Children are expected to be in school at 8:50 and will be marked as late if they are not in class for the 9AM register. If your child is unwell and unable to attend school please contact the office so we can record their absence.
• PE – P.E will be on Fridays. Please do ensure your child has a P.E kit with them. It is very important they attend as it is a vital part of our curriculum.
• Music - Singing assemblies will take place on Mondays.
• Medieval Banquet – We will be hosting a Medieval Banquet on Thursday 1st February. Children will be allowed to dress up in medieval costumes, e.g. kings, queens, knights, dragons etc. We will be in touch closer to the time in regards to food donations for the event.
• Topic Trip – Year 1 will be visiting the Tower of London on Thursday 8th February. If you think you will be available to accompany us as chaperones, please let class teachers know as soon as possible.
• Class Trips – We will no longer be accepting cash or cheques for trips and payment will only be possible using our SIMS Agora online payment system. Your child has a unique payment number which you may have already used to set up online payments for school lunches and after school care. If you have not set up your account, please notify the school office and you will be provided with your child's unique number. If trips do not require payment, you will still need to go online to give permission for your child to attend.
• Uniform – Please adhere to the High View Uniform code. Monogramed items (jumpers, cardigans and book bags) can be obtained online from www.mapac.com or telephone 01923 255 525. Other standard uniform items can be sourced locally.
• School dinners – If a child wishes to change from school dinners to packed lunch or vice versa, they may only do so at the beginning of each half term. Payment should be made online using SIMS Agora. Details can be obtained from the school office. If any child has been advised by their GP or Health Care Professional to either, follow a special diet; or to avoid certain foods, please contact Edwards and Ward Special Diet and Allergen help line on the details below:
Edwards & Ward Ltd.
141 Milton Rd (behind Old Waterworks)
Weston Super Mare
Office Number: 01934 615616 email@example.com
Miss Thomas, Miss Anujah, Ms Abdisalam and Ms Brocking
Click on the buttons below to find tools and worksheets which will help you and your
child with learning at home: